Training for Certification in the WPTW System is only available online.
This represents a considerable time and cost-saving to all of our Members and System Users, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you log in to do the training:
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection with good bandwidth (speed). Buffering is an issue with a poor connection.
- Have a hard copy or the electronic version of the WPTW Handbook available. YOU WILL NEED IT.
- Take your time. Read each question and all of the possible answers carefully before locking one in.
- Don’t expect the course to be easy. There are only two opportunities in each assessment section to answer questions correctly before being locked out.
- Don’t assume that the way you’ve seen the WPTW system being used on a wellsite is the correct way.
- Don’t use your mobile phone to do the course, if possible, as many users cannot see all of the assessment text on the phone screen.
- Don’t think that the words ‘confirm’, ‘verify’ and ‘ensure’ mean the same thing within the System. These words are used for different role holders within the WPTW process, and mean different things.
- Don’t try to do the course when you are tired or pressed for time. You will need to concentrate for a minimum of 1.5 hours to successfully complete the course.
- Don’t Guess!! The answers to all questions are taken directly from the WPTW Handbook, so read it carefully.
If you are not sure about an answer, contact the WPTWA on 1800 078 939 and we will happily coach you through any area of difficulty.